17 Aug Kobiton - Azure DevOps Services Integration
In this tutorial, you learn how to integrate Kobiton - Mobile Cloud platform with Azure DevOps Services. Integrating Kobiton - Mobile and Web Testing with Azure DevOps Services provides you with the following benefits:
- Speed up the testing cycle while increasing the quality of mobile and web applications
- Run your Selenium and Appium scripts to test your mobile apps on real Android & iOS devices.
- After your tests are completed, your test results will be visualized on the Kobiton system with the full report with videos, screenshots, device logs, and Appium logs. In addition, we also have provided a complete list of commands and responses.
- Moreover, the most important thing that we have an ability to insight the crashed apps through crashed logs for both Manual and Automation test sessions.
- To start using Azure DevOps Services, make sure you have:
- A GitHub account
- Navigate to GitHub and fork Kobiton repository.
- Access Azure Pipelines to download Kobiton Azure DevOps Extension
- Select an Azure DevOps organization to install this extension
- After installing, access to your Azure DevOps project page, then click on the icon next to your account profile picture, then choose Manage extensions
Setup Kobiton Service Endpoints
- On Azure DevOps project’s page, then click on Project Settings
- Choose Service Connection on Pipelines
Add new service connection - Kobiton API
- Choose Kobiton API
- Enter Server Url https://api.kobiton.com/docs/
- Enter your Username and API Key
- Click Verify button
- Enter Service Connection Name
- Click Verify and save button
Add new service connection - Kobiton Executor Server
- Enter Username: kobiton-demo
- Enter Password: K0bit0n@2019
- Click Verify and save button
Create a Release Pipeline
- Choose Releases on Pipelines
- Click New pipeline
- Start with an Empty job
- Select Kobiton Automation Test Executor
Update all required fields
- Display name: Kobiton Automation Test Executor
- Kobiton API credentials: Kobiton API service
- Kobiton executor server credentials: Kobiton Executor Server service
- Git repository URL: https://github.com/kobiton/azure-devops.git
- Git repository branch: master
- Kobiton Cloud Device Name: Galaxy S7 (You can customize your device name)
- Device platform version: Android
- Commands: mvn test
- Log type: Combined or Separated
- Click Create Release button on the right to create a new release.
- A new window will appear, leave everything blank and click Create
- A notification will appear, click on Release-1 to view the release status.
View the Results
When the release in completed, you can check the release log by clicking on the Logs button right below the release Stage.
- Click on the Kobiton Automation Test Executor task to view its logs
- The Job ID is formatted with prefix “rN” where N is the release ID of your Azure DevOps project.
- Clicking on the TestNG Report URL will lead you to the TestNG report interface.
- In the case, your browser requires Username and Password, type in the username and password of Kobiton Executor Server we previously provided you.
- Username: kobiton-demo
- Password: K0bit0n@2019
- Click OK to access the report web page.
Get KOBITON Session ID
- When the Kobiton Automation Test Executor is completed, we can also get the Kobiton Test Session ID on the log file as below. We can access the test session details with the URL look like https://portal.kobiton.com/sessions/1030998