19 Mar How to use Kobiton with XebiaLabs?
XebiaLabs is an independent software company specializing in DevOps and continuous delivery for large enterprise organizations. XebiaLabs offers the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform, a solution for Application Release Automation.
Kobiton integrates real-device mobile testing into your DevOps process, with support for over 350 mobile devices and the ability to connect to local on-premises devices. The Kobiton integration for XebiaLabs allows you to plan, automate, and optimize mobile device testing as part of your release pipelines.
The Kobiton integration for XebiaLabs can:
- List available devices for automated tests
- Install applications on a device
- Executed automated tests using Appium
Configure Kobiton on XebiaLabs
- In the XL Release home page, go to Settings > Shared configuration > Kobiton: Server >
- Fill all information to identify Kobiton server
- Select Release menu
- Click New release button
- Enter Release name
- Click Create button
Kobiton Plugin now supports 3 tasks on XL Release environment. We will define a list of tasks on the Phase widget. They are:
- List Available Devices
- Request Execute Test
- Wait For Execution
1. List Available Devices
This task will help to fetch all online devices that you can use for your automation scripts. It contains multiple properties to filter online devices that depend on your expectations. You can run your automation test with Kobiton Cloud devices or your In-house devices or your mixed-up devices in Favorite devices group.
In addition, you can add more Custom params such as deviceName, platformVersion, UDID, etc... We can store the results into the defined global variables. This variable will be reused on other tasks.
2. Request Execute Test
We will use this task to execute the automation test with Kobiton server.
- Select Server = Kobiton
- Click the button to select the global variable deviceList in the List available devices
- Select Test Execution Type = Browser
- Enter Git Repository = https://github.com/kobiton/samples.git and choose the default Execute branch = master
- Enter Configuration Commands, please copy exactly the snippet code below:
3. Wait for Execution
This task will collect the result from "Request Execute test" task to let you know the automated test is pass or fail.
After executing a release, we can see the result by clicking on each task.
Test Results on Kobiton portal
- When you see your test 'Complete' on XebiaLabs, you can access https://portal.kobiton.com/sessions to get your test results.
- We can see the session overview for the latest test session.
- The HTTP Commands details are also included in the test result.
- The log report includes device log and Appium log as well.